The key to this recipe is a good quality parmesan. For years we have used Costco’s 24 month aged Parmesan Reggiano (in a block, not pre-grated) with excellent results.
pasta with alfredo sauce
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 1 cup loosely packed grated parmesan with extra for sprinkling
- optional: fresh parsley to taste
- In a large pot of boiling salted water follow pasta instructions to cook. Any type of pasta will work.
- While pasta is boiling, melt 7 tablespoons unsalted butter over lowest heat possible. Add cream and parmesan and continue to cook until parmesan has melted, do not overheat or boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix with drained pasta. Sprinkle with extra parmesan and optional parsley.