It doesn’t have to be breakfast time for you to enjoy a breakfast burrito. You can dress up your burrito anyway you like it, as long as there are eggs in it you can call it a breakfast burrito.
The taco shops here in California often have chorizo in their breakfast burritos, so I decided to try and make my own.
So good, so very good.
You can buy chorizo in many supermarkets, but why would you, when you can make it at home and know exactly what you’re eating. The link to homemade Mexican Chorizo is below.
We buy part cooked tortillas at Costco for all our burrito needs. If you do not have access to part cooked tortillas just buy large tortillas from the supermarket. Make sure to heat them up in a frying pan before assembling your burrito.
- 4oz of Mexican Chorizo
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 3 large tortillas
- Heat or cook your tortillas and set them aside.
- Add a tablespoon of oil or butter to a frying pan and heat on a medium heat. Add your chorizo to the pan, break it up as if fries. If your chorizo is in a casing, remove the casing before frying. As the sausage is cooking mix your eggs and milk.
- Once the sausage has browned add the egg mixture to the pan and scramble your eggs with the chorizo.
- Add the cooked eggs and sausage to your tortillas and roll them, fold over the bottom of each burrito to save your shirt.
- You can add salsa queso, guacamole, grated cheese and a healthy squeeze of Sriracha to your burrito prior to rolling it and eating it.