We make this often, mainly because we almost always have these ingredients to hand, and is easy to throw together even if you are not fully awake. Our kids expect something special for their breakfast on the weekends, and this keeps them placated without the extra effort.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons golden brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to taste (I find some ground cinnamon is stronger than others)
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together.
- Preheat oven to 425 with ovenproof dish inside (we use a seasoned stainless steel frying pan). When preheated add butter for around 3-4 minutes until hot but not overly browning, just before adding pancake mixture.
- Mix first 3 ingredients by hand or paddle attachment of a kitchen aid. Pour into preheated pan with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mix. Bake until golden brown and puffed up, around 20 minutes. Serve immediately.