Meatballs can be added to a tomato pasta sauce, make a sandwich with marina sauce with crusty white bread or serve with marina sauce to dip!
meatball italian sausage hybrid
- 10 large basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup ground parmesan
- 1/3 cup grated Mozzarella
- 1 1/4 lbs ground pork
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6oz Mozzarella, cut into around 35 cubes
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a food processor to combine.
- In a large bowl combine the cheese mix with the rest of the ingredients, excluding the 6oz of Mozzarella. Form into around thirty five 1 1/2" balls. Note size of meatballs in relation to a quarter
- Stuff balls with the cubed mozzarella. Shallow fry meatballs until golden brown. Place in oven at 350 for around 10 minutes, until internal temperature reads 150 Fahrenheit.