The sweet roasted beets and parmesan pair perfectly with crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds.
roasted beet, parmesan, mixed greens and pumpkin seed salad
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large handfuls mixed greens
- 3 beets
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit
- Wrap whole trimmed beets in foil and roast on a tray in the oven for 30 minutes to an hour (depending on size of beets) until tender.
- Remove from oven and peel when cooled.
- Slice beets into 8 segments.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small saucepan and toast pumpkin seeds until golden, let cool.
- To make dressing, thoroughly whisk together first 5 ingredients.
- Mix dressing with greens and plate. Top with beets, pumpkin seeds and parmesan.