mango scones with lime glaze
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 2 mangoes cut into small chunks
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup confectioners sugar.
- 4 teaspoons lime juice/juice 1 lime
- zest of one lime
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix together dry ingredients. Cut butter into small chunks and cut the butter into the dry ingredients until in pea sized pieces (the paddle attachment on a kitchen aid can be used, or your fingers). Mix in mango. Stir in cream until just mixed. On a floured surface divide into 4 balls and flatten till they are about 3/4" high and 5" wide. Cut into quarters. Place onto baking sheet and cook until golden brown, around 20 minutes. Remove and place on a metal rack to cool.
- Mix lime juice, lime zest and icing sugar. Add more juice/sugar to get desired spreading consistency. Glaze scones when they are cooled and let the icing set.