Roasted pumpkin seeds are a wonderful addition to any salad, but work particularly well with asparagus, apple and greens here.
mixed greens, asparagus, pumpkin seed and apple salad
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 small bunch asparagus
- 1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shelled raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Wash and trim asparagus (or do the easy bend until it snaps method), place in a roasting dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil salt and pepper, coating the asparagus with the oil Roast in oven for 5 minutes for thin asparagus, up to 10 for thicker asparagus. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a small saucepan heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil over a medium heat, add the pumpkin seeds and fry until golden, stirring occasionally. Cool
- Whisk together cider vinegar, honey, mustard and oil, salt and pepper. Mix the greens and apple with the dressing. Place on serving plate and top with asparagus and cooked pumpkin seeds (pepitas).